We go through each day replenishing our bodies with food and drink, being sure to get in at least three meals a day. What many have failed to do, is replenish the soul. Our bodies are temporary and no matter how much we exercise, eat, diet and make them over, they will be dust. Our soul is eternal and lives on forever. Which do you think is the priority?
Please join us as we journey on the path of salvation. St. Thomas the Apostle offers many spiritual opportunities for you to deepen your walk and knowledge of Jesus. We will offer a different spiritual ministry each month that may speak to your heart. If one or more grabs your attention, please give it a chance by trying it. The Holy Spirit speaks to us continuously and by many different paths. It could be through a friend, enemy, holy Scripture, a spiritual book or one of these ministries. Begin now by asking God to give you ears to hear His Spirit speak to you.
Are you looking for something inspiring to do as a family?
October is the month of the Holy Rosary. This entire month is dedicated to the Rosary. The feast day of the Holy Rosary in particular is October 7th and is held in memory of the glorious and triumphant victory at the battle of Lepanto. That battle was the most convincing military victory that proved without a doubt the great power of the Rosary.
The month of October is a good time to commit to praying the Rosary every day. The Rosary will bring great peace and holiness to your life. It is a powerful instrument for conversion. The Rosary is the best method of honoring Mary.
It protects the Church from false teachings and keeps her safe from the attacks from the Enemy.
There are some great ways to celebrate the month of the Holy Rosary…
- Pray the Rosary every day this month especially for priests. Even though the Year For Priests has come and gone, they still need our constant prayers.
- Make rosaries, have them blessed and give them away. You can teach a group of children to make rosaries of their own. They will really be excited about praying with a rosary they made themselves. You can give the rosaries you make to the elderly in nursing homes, take them to Catholic schools or Religious Education classes at your parish, or mail them to prisons. Be sure to have them blessed by a priest first.
- Hand out rosary booklets to people whether it be your CCD class, neighbors and friends.
- Invite a Pilgrim Virgin statue into your home and pray the Rosary every day while it is there. The Pilgrim Virgin statue usually stays with a family for one week.
- Attend Mass on October 7th, the feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary and on October 13th, the day of the final visit of Mary to Fatima.
October is the perfect month to get started with the daily Rosary devotion. For those of you who already in this beautiful habit, it is the perfect month for you to share this devotion with others.
Prayer: Jesus, rearrange my priorities. Help me to live a little bit more like you each day. Help me to trust in Your Divine Providence by freely and generously giving to those in need and supporting my parish.