Nine Reasons to Give Electronically
- Electronic giving recognizes your implicit financial commitment to our parish.
2. Electronic giving ensures a steady income for the parish. (Each weekend 25-30% of our regular parishioners are not in church because of sickness, vacation and other commitments.)
Ease of Use
- Winter weather sometimes means Masses are poorly attended and a collection that the parish was expecting is a fraction of its usual amount.
- No more weekly check-writing or digging for cash in your wallet or pocketbook.
- No more fumbling with envelopes.
- Choose to contribute from your checking account, savings account or credit card.
- In January 2010, 62% of payments in the United Sates were electronic surpassing the number of checks written.
- With electronic giving, there is no check or cash that can be lost or stolen.
- Electronic giving ensures the security of your account information.
NEWS & EVENTS
Become part of our Commemorative Walkway!
St. Thomas will be constructing a walkway leading into the entrance of our school to celebrate our 60th Anniversary of quality Catholic Education.
You can be part of the lasting memory by purchasing your own brick and having your family name, or wording of your choice inscribed on it.
Each brick is constructed of beautiful and long lasting Holland Stone paver with a complimentary colored stone cross.
You may purchase a brick by going to our website: https://squareup.com/store/st-thomas-the-apostle-fundraising
The cost is $150 for a 4×8 brick and $300 for a 12×12 brick. This cost includes up to three lines of inscription consisting of 15 letters/spaces per line.
Get your brick and become part of
St. Thomas the Apostle memories.
Requests for Parish Membership
Since the restructuring of schools last year, we are restricted on who can and cannot join St. Thomas. If one lives within our boudaries, they automatically may register with us. If outside our territory and want to register for school, they may register for school if the Pastor of their jurisdiction permits it. The Aston/Boothwyn Pastors do not permit it since they have a regional school. Those from outside our Parish that come here for school with permission may NOT register with us as parishioners if living within this Archdiocese. They must keep their affiliation with their own parish of residence.
Protecting God’s Children
If you volunteer or work around children in any capacity at St. Thomas or are an employee, you need to have completed all necessary criminal background forms and training.
- PA criminal background check (update every 5 years)
- PA Child abuse check (update every 5 years)
- VIRTUS training class
- VIRTUS technology addendum
- Mandated reporter training
- PA Act 2011-24
Go to the LINKS section above and click on the Archdiocese of Philadelphia website, go to Protecting God’s Children for more info, or call the Rectory 610-459-2224.
Let your light shine before men,
that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.
Every single one of us have been gifted by our Heavenly Father with a particular talent (or many talents) unique to each soul. This gift was given for you to share with God’s Kingdom here on earth. St. Thomas the Apostle is YOUR spiritual home and we need you to be an active part of it. Think about your gifts and ask God to show you where He would like you to use them. Depending on your time, interest and particular gift, you can find the ministry that answers your calling. If you are not an active member of your parish, please consider becoming one. Look at our Ministry page and see which one fits your call. Let’s be proactive and keep our parish growing in spirit, friendship and unity. Every person matters and every person makes a difference, YOU can make a difference in your parish life. God bless you and guide you.