There are specific requirements that must be adhered to in order to volunteer in the school, PREP, coach, for employment and any area of involvement with our youth. 3
REQUIRED BACKGROUND CHECKS
1. PA Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse Clearance Check form can be obtained online http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/cs/groups/webcontent/documents/form/s_001762.pdf After completion, please return the competed Child Abuse Form for processing alone with a Consent Release form allowing the parish to receive your approved clearance from the state. The Child Abuse Clearance Waiver form can be downloaded or obtained in the school/rectory office. A copy of the completed PA Criminal Check Certificate is to be attached to this form. Renewal is required every 3 years.
2. PA State Police Criminal Record Check can be obtained by the office online with results available within a few minute. Information on the Child Abuse Clearance Application is used to obtain this record check. Renewal is required every 5 years.
3. Federal Background Check (FBI Fingerprint): As of April 2007, the state of PA requires ALL new school employees to have a Federal background check. Information is available online at www.pa.cogentid.com . A Federal background check is also required for non-school employees and ALL volunteers who do not live in PA or have lived outside of PA during the past two years. Please call the DCIV at 610-938-9000 or go online to www.pa.cogentid.com.
4. Safe Environment Training (Protecting Gods Children): To view a list of dates and locations and to register for a session, please go to http://www.virtus.org Attendance must be completed within 90 days of beginning service to children. After completion, submit a copy of your “Standards for Ministerial Behavior” received at the training site to the Parish Office. This is a one time training session and does not have to be renewed. If you completed the Virtus Safe Environment Training, Protecting God’s Children, prior to July 1 2011, you must also complete a training session regarding the use of Technology. The technology addendum can be accessed online at http://childyouthprotection.org/index.php/staff-volunteersrequired-training
5. Mandated Reporter Training– Please go to http://childyouthprotection.org/learning/login/index.php to register and complete the training. The training is presented in three modules, which in total will take approximately one hour. Please download a copy of your certificate of completion and forward it to email@example.com
This is a one time required training session.
6. Coaches Orientation Session: ALL coaches of CYO sanctioned sports MUST also attend a Coaches Orientation Session which is hosted at various times during the year. A copy of the certificate from the orientation session must be turned into the Parish Office. CYO coaches, heads and assistants, must do this during their first year of coaching. This is a one time required training session.
7. Omnibus School Act– arrest/conviction report form: All current employees are required to submit the form by December 27, 2011. Any employee or volunteer who is arrested must submit the form within 72 hours of arrest or conviction for an enumerated offense and occurring after 9/28/2011.
Please note: If you have any of these clearance from other sources, and they are less than five years old, please bring the original to the Parish Office and we will make copies for our records. Additional information is available at www.childyouthprotection.org by clicking on the link- Victims assistance and Safe environment.
You may contact the School Office at 610-459-8174 or the Parish Office at 610-459-2224 if you have any questions regarding any of these training sessions. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support of St. Thomas the Apostle Parish.
DCIU may be closed due to inclement weather. Please call 610-938-9000 to confirm hours of operation
Monday: 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 1 p.m. to 4;30 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please be advised that Monday is our busiest day and wait times are significantly increased. It is suggested that you choose an alternate day of the week.
Fingerprinting will be CLOSED on the following dates for the 2014-15 school year:
Monday, September 1, 2014
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Wednesday, December 24, 2014, re-opening Monday, January 5, 2015
Monday, January 19, 2015
Monday, February 16, 2015
Thursday, April 2, 2015
Monday, May 25, 2015
Fingerprinting will be closed EARLY at 3:00 p/m. on the following dates:
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
Wednesday, April 1, 2015
Applicants must pre-register on line at www.pa.cogentid.com or register by phone at 1-888-439-2486.