HOLY DAYS OF OBLIGATION
IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH.
Holy days are like Sundays in that Catholics must attend Mass, and if possible, refrain from unnecessary servile work.
In the United States Holy Days of Obligation are:
- January 1, the solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
- Thursday of the Sixth Week of Easter, the solemnity of the Ascension.
- August 15, the solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- November 1, the solemnity of All Saints.
- December 8, the solemnity of the Immaculate Conception.
Holy Day Mass Schedule: